It was a magical moment. I remember sitting there, through the rest of the meeting, carrying on about the social construction of healthcare and forcing myself to contain my excitement. I walked around for months in a state of bliss.
As the specifics came in, as I found out I was placed in Egypt, the plane tickets arrived, the documents to sign...every annoying little preparation sent a surge of excitement up my spine.
Now, a year later, several of my peers from Egypt have found out that they will be returning to the Middle East to continue their studies.
I am jealous. I am longing. I wish I could have committed more of this year to continuing my Arabic studies. I wish I could have reapplied for CLS. I wish to be in my own shoes again. The ones from last year. Yeah, those shoes fit well.
No comments:
Post a Comment