Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quarter life crisis?

I find that I am questioning everything, who I want to be, what I want to do, when I want to do it. I was charging, full-speed ahead with journalism. Now, who knows. I don't. It's like running a marathon for the sake of moving. And I run with focus, drive, and determination. I can envision my goals, see them clearly. Yet I feel as though I am on a treadmill, standing in the same spot. And maybe I am moving forward, but everything feels remarkably the same. That's the weirdest thing about college- yes, much has changed, but in some ways, I feel as though I'm standing still. I was supposed to get an internship this semester, but didn't (probably)- partially due to laziness and partially due to overly high expectations. Somehow, I decided that it is beneath me to start at the bottom and work my way up. But maybe that is what I must do. I can't automatically qualify to intern at the NY Times, right?

Right now, the same person who wanted to write for a major daily right out of college is actually thinking about taking a year off to gallivant around the world--doesn't sound very responsible, driven, does it? But still, the world is calling to me...and that's what I want.

1 comment:

sybil said...

life is a funny thing~ really i do not want you to waste any of it worrying bout the future =] everything will fall into place~ and btw if the world calls to you and i hear one for me too, you know there are few things id love to do more than going globetrotting with ya ;D